Lots of reasons to choose Avon Rí as your wedding venue
Avon Rí Lakeshore Resort is considered one of the top venues to get married in Ireland. With so many unique features, it’s easy to see why.
Plenty of space
Take your pick from a number of potential sites for your wedding, both indoor and outdoor, with our banqueting room and grounds all available to you.
- Your options include the classic La Touche designed to give you stunning views across the lake.
- If you prefer an outdoor wedding, we have landscaped gardens, the lakeshore and even the nearby Blessington Greenway, for you to choose from.
Other special features of the wedding & reception venue Avon Rí include:
- Room for all your wedding guests to stay – up to 200 people
- The Lakeview Bar – a classic contemporary Irish pub
- 9 acres of land on the beautiful Blessington lakeshore
- The Greenway walking trail, starting right here at Avon Rí
- The chance to explore counties Wicklow, Dublin and Kildare
- Complimentary access to our onsite pool & spa
- Outdoor activities such as kayaking, archery, etc. (pre-booking required)
- Easily accessible from Dublin, when you arrive at Avon Rí Lakeshore Resort, you feel as if you’re miles away from anywhere.
- It’s your personal romantic retreat. Set on the shores of the stunning Blessington Lakes in County Wicklow, Ireland, the small town of Blessington is just a short walk away.
Licensed civil ceremony venue
Avon Rí is your perfect choice for weddings and civil ceremonies. As a licensed venue for civil ceremonies, when you come to us for your wedding, you can choose where you want to exchange your vows. Our experienced wedding organisers can advise you on the process to ensure you’ve made all the necessary arrangements for a wedding ceremony with a difference.
Great wedding photography location
Memories can fade, but photos last a lifetime and nothing shows how romantic your wedding was than a wide range of wedding photos. Avon Rí’s scenic setting means you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to posing for photos. Imagine the two of you together against a backdrop of the Blessington Lakes, the Wicklow Mountains in the distance or roam our landscaped gardens to find the perfect spot for stunning photos.
One day, one wedding…
We have a strict one wedding per day policy, which means that when the big day comes, you know that everything will go exactly as you planned, with all attention firmly on you.
Personalise your wedding ceremony
There are so many ways in which you can personalise Avon Rí to transform it into a venue that reflects your unique personality and theme. We’re very happy to incorporate whatever little touches you require.
Why not have framed photos of you and your partner by your guestbook or use photos of your guests to show where they’re sitting at the reception? Use fresh flowers in your wedding theme colours to brighten up the wedding site or hang personalised signs to welcome and direct your guests. There’s plenty of space for musicians to serenade your guests while they wait for you and your partner to arrive. You could even ask guests to request a song when they RSVP and get the band to play them. The only limit is your imagination!
We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for making our wedding perfect. When we first saw Avon Rí, we knew we’d found somewhere unique. The surrounding scenery is absolutely lovely and we had so much space to ourselves. Your staff went out of their way to bring our vision to life, even helping us to find a florist at short notice when our original choice had to cancel. Your relaxed, supportive attitude made all the difference and really put us at ease. We knew we could trust you with our wedding. We fully recommend Avon Rí, especially to couples who look for that personal touch. Thank you so much again. Tracey & Peter
More than just a wedding venue
The extensive grounds surrounding Avon Rí are yours for the taking. Should you wish to erect a marquee, dance under the stars, organise a hog-roast or rustic barbecue, or simply have an outdoor chill-out area, you’ll have the space to do it.
Experienced wedding team
Our professional wedding co-ordinators have the experience you can rely on to ensure a flawless wedding. From the ceremony through to the reception and celebrations, we’ll make sure that every detail is exactly what you want.