Getting married? Make it a dream lakeshore wedding
Have you always dreamed of getting married outdoors, but didn’t think it would be possible? These days, you’re no longer limited to a registry office when it comes to exchanging your vows. If you want your wedding to have that WOW factor, then why not hold a lakeshore wedding?
As a licensed wedding venue, Avon Rί is the ideal location if you want to have a civil ceremony everyone will be talking about. Set in the heart of pretty Wicklow countryside within easy reach of Dublin, when you come to Avon Rί, you have the option of getting married outdoors, with your choice of romantic locations.
Imagine you and your partner marrying against a backdrop of the tranquil waters of the Blessington Lakes, with the magnificent Wicklow Mountains in the distance. You could say your vows at your favourite spot on the Blessington Greenway walk. You could even get married under the shade of a large, spreading tree.
As you walk around our extensive grounds, you’ll realise that you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to the perfect setting for the ceremony.
Personalise your space
An outdoor ceremony allows you to get creative with how you decorate the wedding site to reflect your personal style and flair. There are so many ways in which you can let your imagination run wild as you watch your ideas come to life before your eyes. Why not use the lake as your inspiration and go for a marine-coloured theme with sea green or sky blue as your accent colours?
Here are just a few ways in which you can add a personal touch to your wedding:
- Flowers. You don’t have to confine yourself to bouquets and buttonholes. You can use flowers to mark out the area where you’re going to exchange vows or line the aisle, use flowers to frame the space where you and your partner are going to sit or have flowers tied to the seating. What’s more, flowers can be chosen for their scent as much as their colour or appearance to enhance the atmosphere.
- Signage. From simple signs to direct your guests to the lakeshore through to large banners with the order of service, signage is an innovative way to make your mark. They can also make beautiful keepsakes for you and your guests.
- Balloons. Balloon sculptures in your wedding colours are an unusual way to bring out your personality. Walk through a balloon archway as you start your journey down the aisle or give them to young bridesmaids as an alternative to flowers. They can then play with them afterwards!
Civil ceremonies, humanist ceremonies, and other…
A outdoor wedding offers you the chance to get married in the way that best suits you and your partner’s attitudes and beliefs. While most weddings in Northern Ireland are still officiated over by a registrar or parish priest, you could use an independent celebrant instead. Your celebrant will write a ceremony specifically for you, incorporating your own words, music and vows to create something that fully represents your relationship and ideas.
Whether you want an elaborate affair or something small and intimate, an independent celebrant will make sure you get a ceremony that encapsulates all your hopes and dreams. You can even include your friends and family in your wedding with readings, music or performances and weave in traditional customs, such as jumping the broom or a unity candle ceremony or even create your own traditions for the 21st century.
We can accommodate
- Humanist ceremonies, ideal for those who would like a meaningful, but non-religious, ceremony tailored to their specific requirements
- Handfasting, an historical type of wedding, popular among those who follow nature based spiritual paths
- Civil weddings and partnerships, a legal, non-religious wedding ceremony
Although you will need to arrange the celebrant / registrar yourself, our experienced wedding organisers are always happy to help you put together the wedding you want.
What’s more, our strict one wedding per day policy means that you won’t have to worry about anyone else getting in the way. All the attention will be on you and your partner as you exchange vows, the beautiful Wicklow countryside in the background.
Everything you need
Our facilities include plenty of accommodation for all your guests, as well as a choice of rooms for your reception, so no matter what the size of your wedding party, everyone is sure to have a good time.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like further information about arranging an outdoor ceremony.