What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Resort, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified. Information collected on the Site may be used to:
- Enter your email in our promotions
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you
- Respond to your questions or suggestions to improve the quality of your visit to our site
You can opt-out of any of these promotions by emailing us directly to email@example.com.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine provided by our booking management system vendor Net Affinity.
All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
Protecting your information
Avon Rí Lakeshore Resort has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Children’s Privacy & Parental Consent
Avon Ri Lakeshore has closed circuit television cameras located at various points in the Main Building. This is necessary in order to protect against theft or pilferage, for the security reasons. Access to the recorded material will be strictly limited to authorised personnel only.
Links provided to other sites
Avon Rí Lakeshore may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as us. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
- Strictly necessary cookies: essential in order to browse some websites and use all of their features.
- Performance cookies: help us improve a user’s experience by helping us understand how they our websites (most frequently visited pages, applications used etc.).
- Functionality cookies: used in order to make browsing experience easier, these cookies store certain user preferences (e.g. language, username, country).
- Targeting/advertising cookies: enable a user to receive targeted advertisements based on certain user preferences, also able to limit number of times that the advertisement appears.
- Affiliate cookies: enable third parties (‘affiliates’) that publish marketing campaigns on their websites to be paid on behalf of the ‘web merchant’.
- Cookies from social networks: third-party Cookies let you communicate the content of our website to others, as well as your opinion in relation to our site. This is the case with the “Share” and “Like” buttons on “Facebook,” “Twitter,” “LinkedIn,” “Viadeo,” etc. Social networks which offer these application buttons can identify you by these buttons, even if you did not click on one of them when you visited our site. Indeed, some Cookies allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site whenever your social network account is activated on your device when at the same time, you are on our site. We do not have control over the procedures social networks use to collect information about your navigation on our site. Please make sure to read these social networks privacy policies regarding personal data.
It is possible to check to see if cookies are enabled specifically for PCs by doing the following for each browser type:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – Go to ‘Tools’ icon at the top of your browser window (use the cog icon in IE 9.0) and select ‘Internet options’. Next click on the ‘Privacy’ tab Under the Settings section check the level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser. Settings above Medium will disable cookies and could cause the site to function not as we would expect.
- Google Chrome – Go to ‘Tools’ icon at the top of your browser window and select Options. Next click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button. Select ‘Allow local data to be set’.
- Mozilla Firefox – Go to ‘Tools’ icon at the top of your browser window and select Options. Next select the Privacy icon. Click on Cookies and select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
- Safari – Go to the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option. Next click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies then ‘Save’
If you are using another browser on a smart phone, iPhone, tablet or Mac please look at your device to check your cookie settings.
Any trademarks mentioned on the site are the property of their respective owners. Unless it’s specifically stated otherwise, Avon Rí Lakeshore hold all copyrights and rights of use relating to this site, its components and its design. You are not permitted to copy or use contents of this site, or the parts associated with it, without our express permission in writing. However, this does not apply if the content is specifically marked for available download. You are not permitted to make any alterations to the content on the site.
Right of access, correction and erasure
If you have given your Personal data and information to us, you have the right to ask us to advise you of the scope of information Avon Rí Lakeshore processes about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and information on who we share it with. You can also request to update, correct or delete it at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email. You may also contact us in writing to the address provided below. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is: Avon Rí Lakeshore Data Controller, Burgage, Blessington, co. Wicklow